06/07/2020 13:30 PM IST
Look around you, what do you see? In the 21st century technology is a part of daily living. Even the children in today's times are digital natives. Right from smartphones to tablets, smart cars to smart appliances - everything is connected. Escaping technology is no more a thing. It is rather important to embrace it and work out a way in which you leverage the most out of it and at the same time learn how to tune out / disconnect from it when absolutely essential. Technology comes with its own pros and cons. While it has a whole lot of pros and is used in every industry to make life easier and simpler. However, staying connected at all times is not good for your mental and physical health. It is important to switch off and limit the use of technology on a daily basis and sometimes switch off for a couple of days to rejuvenate your mind and body and then get back to your daily routine.
Through this blog we are sharing 5 ways in which you can reboot yourself:
1. Limit the use of your phones: stop messaging or checking your phone 2 hours before you go to sleep. It is a known fact that the blue light of the phone, TV, etc are a hindrance to sleep. Hence you should get into the habit of keeping your phones away 2 hours before you sleep. Read a book instead.
2. Social Media: social media today has taken over our worlds, we connect with people virtually more than actually meeting and spending time with them. We are so caught up browsing our newsfeed that we often forget talk to people sitting right next to us. Social media is essential today and yes its fun, but don't let t consume you. Limit the use of social media. Use it as a medium to communicate and connect with friends who are in different countries, however, do not use it for instant gratification or acknowledgment.
3. If possible turn off your phone: the best way to limit the use of technology is to switch off your phone. Today there are multiple phones in a house you can get into the practice of keeping only one phone on in case of emergency and give that number only to near and dear ones and key work people. That way all other phones can be switched off. If switching off phones is not a possibility keep your phone on silent.
4. Leave your phone and tablets outside your room: In case switching off all digital devices is not a possibility, then place your phones on silent mode or the most ideal thing to do is leave them in the living room. Try and keep your bedroom digital device free and if that is not something that works for you then place the phones on a table away from your bed.
5. Sleep well: The best way to reboot is a good night's sleep. It is the key to a healthy and fit body and a stable mind. Sleep for 6-7 hours a day. You will wake up refreshed and ready to take on the world yet again.
We live in times where we now have digital detox centers, where people go to switch off and reboot. This has happened only because over the years we have grown so addicted to technology that we have forgotten about interacting with human beings or living in the moment and appreciating nature. So precaution is better than cure! Before your family members or you fall into a situation where you need a digital detox centre, follow a set of simple rules at home and encourage the family to abide by them so that everyone lives a balanced and connected life and a happy and healthy environment at home.